Fr David Brown was born on (St Patrick's Day)
17th March 1928 in Banknock. (Banknock was then a part of St
Patrick’s Parish Kilsyth until 5th Feb 1961 when the new
Parish of St Luke’s in Banknock was founded.) Fr Brown
was educated at St Patrick’s Kilsyth and St Modan’s
High School Stirling, Blairs College Aberdeen and Scots College
in Rome. He was ordained at Scots College in Rome on 29th March
His first Parish was St Thomas's Addiewell in West Lothian
where he served as an assistant Priest from 1952 to 1953. He
was then transferred to Our Lady of Loretto and St Michael in
Musselburgh from 1953 to 1955. He was then to spend 1955 to
1957 at St Margaret of Scotland in Raploch in Stirling.
After these parishes serving as an assistant Priest Fr Brown
was to spend the next 16 years as a professor at Blairs seminary
in Aberdeen teaching the students for the priesthood.
After leaving Blairs in 1973 he became Parish Priest of St
Magdalene's Edinburgh where he was to stay until 1976. He then
became Parish Priest of The Sacred Heart in Cowie in Stirling,
where was to be stationed for 11 years from 1976 until 1985.
In 1985 he then transferred to Our Lady and St Andrew's in Galashiels
which is the last record for Fr Brown before his retirement
After retiring as a Priest, David Brown became a married man
at the age of 67 in 1995. Fr Brown died on the 14th May 2011
at Borders General Hospital, Melrose. Faithful servant of God
- may he rest in peace.